6.05.2003

things i've been told while at work
Or, why working at Business Services during the summer is the best job ever:
1. "We're soooooo glad to have you back!" -Linda, Lisa, Teresa
2. "We're giving you a raise. You are now probably the best paid student worker on campus." -Linda
3. "Come in and work whenever you want." (Which I interpret as: "Work as many hours as you can squeeze in, between naps.") -Teresa
4. "Stop working and come eat." -Teresa
5. "Stop working and go outside." -Patsy
6. "Would you like to be my Design Intern?" -Linda
7. "Would you like another job that pays even more money?" -Linda
8. "I like your flip flops." "I like your jeans." "You look really cute today." -Lisa
9. "Come to the Mavericks Baseball game with us." -Ryan
10. "You can do that at home, or whenever you want. Just log your hours." -Linda
11. "We saved ice cream for you." -Teresa
12. "You know, Erica, you should really work on that drinking and gambling habit of yours." -Ryan

road trip #1
The Megans and I took our first road trip of the summer last night. Luke had to get from Columbia to Kansas City so we loaded his stuff in the trunk and braved the deadly roads of Missouri. We successfully navigated our way to the Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza where we joined Caleb, Warton, Sarah (Luke, Caleb, Crowley and Matt's friend from Denver Christmas Conference) and Sarah's and Warton's friends. My dinner was half an appetizer. And I was hungry! But of course, I had to save room for cheesecake.

why i know i'm headed to the right profession
Saturday morning was rough but sitting down in Vox to design my first couple pages truly relaxed me. I left Lee Hills Hall in a surprisingly good mood. If you're in CoMo for the summer, pick up a copy of today's Vox. I designed the Books and the Fine Arts sections. Nothing big, but hey, it's a start.

No comments: