6.12.2003

remember my name
I just got back from being an "actor" in a promotional video for the College of Education's Reflector. This guy, Mike, and I were pulled as University Affairs employees to act like we were working on a group project. Mind you, neither Mike nor I are education majors. We had each stepped into the Reflector maybe once. My journalism ethics told me that maybe this wasn't quite right (anyone viewing this masterpiece of a promotion would be devastated to learn that they would not have the great pleasure to behold our smiling faces if they frequented the Reflector and therefore might sue the University for false advertising), but my inner eighth grader who was snubbed in the annual middle school musical told me, "I don't care." (I'd had a lead role the year before. The beginning of eighth grade, my partner and I were selected as the only duo to perform a scene selection for the advanced drama class at the high school. My musical role later that year: chorus. I never acted again. That really showed them!) Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys anticipate my break into fame. Next stop: Broadway. I'm gonna live forever.

P.S. I happened to be wearing a gold/yellow t-shirt and Mike had worn a black polo. We were ever such the Mizzou-spirited-group-project-team. go tigers.

No comments: