6.29.2003

e|iza gorem@n is my hero
I'm in the Vox office, a half an hour behind in my designing because I was immobilized for twenty minutes by a wasp that decided to take a nap on the cord to my mouse. The presence of a wasp paralyzes me and the fact that the devilish creature was just waiting for me to awaken it with the slightest movement of my mouse, giving it reason to sink its stinger into my flesh, propelled me to the other side of the room. I couldn't get onto my computer to work on my layouts and I couldn't use a different computer out of wasp-range because my documents were held hostage by the cord-sitting beast. Dun dun da dun! Enter Eliza, a rolled-up Outside magazine as her weapon. Exit wasp. I have sworn allegiance to Miss Goreman if ever she should need a spider smited (is that a word?). I'm fine with spiders. Just don't get anything with a stinger near me.

wasp event no. one of the week
Jeremy and Jeff shot a rubber band at a rogue wasp in the news bureau on Thursday, perfectly slicing it in two. As payment for their noble deed, I have lent Jeff my copy of Order of the Phoenix. Jeremy already owned the book, so he got a heartfelt thank you.

has God sent a plague?
Cassie, our beautiful beast of a cat likes to hunt bugs in our house. I found a dead wasp on the floor of my room the other day. Can you guess how restful my sleep has been lately? I told her thank you and in return she bit my nose. Ben locked her in the basement to punish her. I think I would have preferred him to lock her in my room to finish off the horde of flying monsters I'm sure have infested the attic.

No comments: