6.20.2003

the entry about books

by day, one of those slimy PR people
Yesterday, I helped write a quote for Chancellor Wallace to say at some Columbia One Read program. You wouldn't think it'd take two of us a half an hour to string together three sentences promoting To Kill A Mockingbird. All for a quote that no one will blink at. Next stop: "President" Bush's 2004 campaign speeches.

speaking of books
Do you have any? In particular, Aldus Huxley's Brave New World? I'm beating the system for my summer session Sociology I class and not buying my books at the bookstore. I have two already (Lord of the Flies and 1984....I think all I'm going to have to do for this class is copy my book reports from middle school) and I ordered my textbook online for $8. Now if only I can find someone with Huxley's masterpiece, I'll be great. $8 or $51 from the MU bookstore? No contest.
*I do have "Brave New World" the British pop song on my Brits Hits compilation CD...does that count?

i think this makes me an official member of the columbia community
I got my Daniel Boone Regional Library Card in the mail a couple days ago. Old movie nights are about to become a regular event at the Chateau, thanks to the power of free movie rentals at the modern artwork that is the Columbia Public Library. I think this makes me a Columbia resident, right? So I should only pay in-state tuition, right?

No comments: