6.06.2003

14 days
If you know me well, you'll know what I'm counting down to.

battle of the templates
Clark has a new look to his blog. And it's a little too familiar. I liked my template because no one else had it. Now I have a deep desire to change it...but nothing out there suits me like this one. I guess we'll just have to duel it out over this one. Speaking of Clark, though, he had a great entry the other day and since it made me laugh, I thought I'd copy it for you. Enjoy:

Have you ever played Mizzouopoly? Don't. It's Monopoly, but you buy Mizzou/Columbia related properties, like the Ninth Street or the Heidelberg instead of Short Line Railroad or Virginia. It messes you up, because instead of buying properties for their worth, you might find yourself buying crap for it's sentimental value. I couldn't bring myself to get a monopoly, because I wouldn't buy Middlebush because I had that horrible Sociology class.

the cast of characters
I realize that many of you might not know to whom my links (right) refer. Meet the cast.
Appearing in Columbia:
L. Clark (a.k.a. The Little Black Duck): Former fellow FARC-er, Clark lived down the hall from me freshman year. As I no longer live in McDavid, his blog provides me with my fill of post-it note stories.
S. Coll (a.k.a. Pappa Scott): Former Journalism Scholars FIG (Freshman Interest Group) leader, recent graduate of the MU J-School in broadcast and fellow Shakey's connosieur.
M. Crow (a.k.a. Frau): Current roommate, Austin Powers and Spongebob Squarepants maniac and fellow Potterphile.
A. Fisc.: Former Missourian TA, now MU j-school print graduate, roommate of Elise.
P. Garv.: Member of "rival" J-Scholars FIG, Artisan groupie, and fellow "analyst."
M. Harr.: "Sister in the Bond" of Alpha Chi Omega and future wife (wink wink) of Wal-Mart heir J*$h Kr*enke.
E. Hu: Friend via journalism classes, Crusade, and Greek Life, newly graduated in broadcast.
J. Marc.: Fellow former FARC-er and co-editor of Vox Magazine and music afficionado.
M. Ret.: Current roommate, formerly of Singaporean fame. A photojournalist with amazing insights on life.
E. Tut: Fellow former FARC-er and Potterphile, and first friend at Mizzou.
J. Wood. (a.k.a. J-Dub): Fellow former FARC-er, recent j-school broadcast grad and fellow Shakey's connoisseur.
Gracing London's West End:
K. Jeff.: Fellow former FARC-er and one hell of an actress, roommate of Myndi
M. Mey.: Fellow former FARC-er and good friend of Retka, formerly Natalie's roommate.
S. Protz.: World-renowned now, thanks to her appearance in most of the European continent.
R. Shank. & D. North. (Russ and Dave): Fellow London Program participants...their site has pictures!
Performing in Lawrence, KS:
C. Compt.: Good friend from high school who went to the WRONG school. ;)
Cooling off in Vail:
L. Dau.: Fellow sufferer of the MOian, fall '02, currently performing on God's stage in Colorado for the summer.
Entertaining the audience in Brew City:
K. Good.: Former MOian TA and current intern at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for the summer with Dan.
D. Pursch.: Fellow FIG-let and Calvin and Hobbs fan, also at the JS for the summer.
Taking to the stage in Nashville:
N. Nest.: Fellow former FARC-er, deserter of 1321 Paris Rd for the summer to be with the man who will make her a Mrs. in about 6 months.
Up to date in Kansas City:
C. Paul.: Fellow FIG-let and current Dow Jones summer intern at the KC Star.
Puttin' in the Ritz in Albuquerque:
J. Adels.: Fellow former FARC-er and recent j-school grad with a job designing for a paper in NM.
Playing to the audience in Tuscon:
E. White: Former MOian TA, recent j-school grad in print with a Dow Jones internship in AZ.

Enjoy their blogs as well as mine. If you read my blog and your name is not to the right (and I know you), let me know so I can fix that!

No comments: