6.15.2003

moore thoughts
I'm in the midst of reading Michael Moore's Stupid White Men: and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation. I had prepared myself for radical liberalism out the wazoo. No way am I a staunch conservative, but I usually get annoyed with way-out there activists of the other "persuasion" as well. This book, though is so practical that I'm finding that I agree with a lot that he says. I'm even
*gasp!*
thinking of voting Green next presidential election. Not solely because of this book, mostly because it really seems like this nation needs a shake-up in politics and getting government support for another political party would make things a little more interesting and maybe things would get done around here. I especially found his chapter on education interesting. I don't think Moore talked about anything that my Mom hasn't critiqued at some point. Mom has the classroom experience backing her thoughts...Moore has the figures to prove those thoughts.

in the spirit of a well-rounded self-education
Next on my reading list (after OoP, of course...and All the President's Men which I've been struggling through since February): Bush at War (If I can make my way through another Bob Woodward book...not doing so well with AtPM.)

nice kitty
Cassie, the psycho cat is being uncharacteristically nice to me lately. We've made it through the weekend without the usually ritual attempted biting that usually comes when I try to pet her. Normal cats (like Ally Cat) purr, Cassie bites.

No comments: