8.18.2003

don't worry, i'm still alive
(But does anyone know if Scott, Bill or Colleen are?)
Recruitment started today. It's been crazy busy 'round these parts the past week and my Internet time has been limited. By the time I get caught up on everyone else's lives, I run out of time for my own monologue, blog-style. This week has had its ups and downs and I'm not going to go into detail because half of you would just roll your eyes and make some snide comment. And while some of those comments may be well founded, this week has been great affirmation that I do enjoy Alpha Chi. Maybe it's just something about entering my last year at Mizzou, but everyone just seems to get along a little better. I know that my senior year of high school, I just didn't care or try to impress everyone; it's a lot easier to get along with people if you don't try to impress them. The best part of the week came when I got the phone call from my sister that she pledged Alpha Chi at K-State. Yeah, yeah, roll your eyes if you want at the cheesy-ness, but I'm really excited that she and I are now, as my friend Stephanie says, "sisters of the womb and in the bond."

in other notes
ummm....there really aren't other notes. My life this past week and a half has been AX. Except for frenzied trips to Wal-Mart or Target, or to daily treks to the Chateau to pick up the things I keep remembering I forgot, I have been cooped up in this house on Richmond. Maybe I'll have more exciting things to write about come a week from now when classes start. Until then, I'll be starting all my conversations, "Suzy Q, this is Penny Poo. We were just discussing...."

No comments: