2.20.2003

on the job
Tomorrow I get to go on a photoshoot. Nothing too glamorous, just table settings. :) But it’ll be neat to see a project go from scene, to film, to page. Next week, Sally said that she hopes to have put together a job bag of all the pieces of a spread for me to layout. For real. Stoked, that’s me.

do you wanna dance?
Protz and I went to see Contact last night. We got £50 seats on the orchestra level, row H for only £22.50! Again, another amazing show. This was the best dancing of all the shows we've seen. It’s so neat how you can watch the dancers and know what’s going on in the characters’ minds. I want the soundtrack. Ally, you would have loved it.

oops…forgot to mention…
I went to the peace rally in Hyde Park last weekend. I wasn’t going to because I figured there would be a lot of anti-American sentiment and a huge mob and the mob mentality can be rather scary. But then I figured 1) there was going to be so much security there that nothing of significance was going to happen, 2) this was going to be a major world event and to have it be just a twenty minute walk from my flat, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity, and 3) it would make for good pictures. Don't worry. I'm safe. And I'm really glad I got to see it, even for just a half an hour.

a couple of requests
1) I'd love to send you a postcard...but the address book I brought with me is definitely not updated...I still have Josh Patterson living in the dorms at KSU, and he's been at James Madison for two years now! So, if you want a postcard (and you will get one if you ask), please post a shout out with your address, or send me an email at eleighb_2k@yahoo.com or elb13d@mizzou.edu.
2) My phone bill from last semester seems to have gotten lost in the mail somewhere between CenturyTel, the AX house and Manhattan even though I gave the Columbia Post Office my forwarding address. Anyone living at the AX house, could you please check my mail and see if there's a phone bill for me? I thought I'd taken care of it with CenturyTel last week, but apparently not...If you could pop it in the post to my parents, I'll reimburse you. Cheers!

congrats!
To my sister Allison for receiving special recognition at the KSU Jazz Festival! She had a solo in the performance, jazz improvisation and everything and has only been doing jazz for a year! So here's a bit of special recognition from your sis, Ally! Go you.

good luck!
To AX in RAMS next week! Dance it great and win it again!

observations
Commercials here are a little (ha!) less modest than in the States. There’s one that shows a whole bunch of different bare bums…it’s an ad for toilet paper…hehehe.
I find it interesting that there is a ton of anti-war action here, and yet camouflage patterns are in every fashion store.

No comments: