1.04.2003

stuck in the states?
So let me tell you a little story. At the end of September, I registered for the group flight from Chicago to London with International Enrichment, the sponsor for the Missouri London program. It is now three days before I leave for Chicago and I have no ticket to London! When I was in elementary school, I never really believed that I would ever graduate from high school. When all my friends were getting all sad and sappy about leaving, I never really felt too sad, because I never truly thought I would graduate. I felt the same as I have felt the past few weeks/days; I keep waiting for something to keep me from leaving. On Monday, a week after my flight arrangements were supposed to arrive, I called IE and they told me that they would send it out Friday (today) and if I didn't receive it by Tuesday, then call. If I don't receive it by Tuesday, I miss it! I've been driving extra careful lately, afraid that a little accident was what was going to keep me from going to London. But obviously, it's the stupid tickets. Uggh!

Sterling, age 4, sings me a little song
I babysat the neighbor boy earlier this week and brought him over to play on the piano a bit. Here's the song he made up as he pounded away at the keys:

"Baby Jesus, Baby Jesus was boooorn
To Mary and Joseph
He came to saaave us
He came to saaave us
He died on the cross
To saaaave us
Baby Jesus
Baby Jesus
Baby Jesus
And then a wolf came along and killed him and he died
He died to saaave us
Baby Jesus came to saaaave us"

For cute.

phrases de brit
The word whisky is a shortened form of whiskybae, or usquebae, which comes from Scottish Gaelic uisge beatha - literally meaning 'water of life'.

No comments: