1.27.2003

the guy next to me on the tube this morning was snoring
Just thought I'd share. I feel like I have a routine here. I know my way around the tube stations so I can get to the right train without having to stop to look at maps anymore. That's kinda cool, I think. The internship still isn't pleasing me as much as I was hoping, but I'm really trying not to get too disappointed and give it a chance. I just feel like I'm in everyone's way. I'd like to know more about how the magazie is run, but everytime I ask a question, I fell like I'm interrupting something important. Today I spent two hours online trying to find out where the London premiers of Two Weeks Notice and Catch Me if You Can are going to be this week because they had nothing for me to do. I learned nothing. Honestly, I'd rather be out touring Westminster Abbey or seeing Sherlock Holmes' Baker Street. In my time online, though, I did find out that there's an exhibit showing magazine and advertising design trends at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It leaves this weekend, so I'm going to try to visit it this Wednesday. It'll probably be the closest I get to magazine design all semester, or at least for a while.

observations
*When people parallel park, they can do it on either side of the road, no matter which side they drive down.
*I've heard a ton of U2 cover songs on the radio here . . . that's weird.
*These cars are everywhere.

No comments: