12.18.2002

a few goodbyes . . .
Ooh. That's scary. Monday night I went to Scott's and Rob's for a festive Christmas gathering and when Scott said he was glad I came to the party, I said, "Yeah, me too. This might be the last time I ever see you again." And then I about started to cry when I realized what I said. There are a lot of people who will be gone and graduated after next semester, people that I've known since I stepped onto campus, like Scott and J-Dub. And then there are people that I've just started to know, like Erin and Tim. I mean, I know I'll be back in time to say my real good-byes before graduation, but it's still sad, you know?

a few good meals . . .
I went out to dinner with Jenn, my pledge mom from AX tonight. It was so good to catch up. Jenn, I love being able to sit and have real conversations and know that we're coming from the same place. We have a similar outlook on so many things and I love to be able to share my thoughts with you. You're the best!
Today I had lunch with Ellen, one of my roommies for London. We're going to have a blast! We talked about how hard it's going to be packing only two suitcases for an entire semester and where all in Europe we want to visit. Luxembourg, here we come! The big dilemma we're wondering about is storage. We've heard that the flats are very, very small. Once we get all our stuff there, where are we going to keep it!?!
Last night I had dinner with Andy and Emily. It's always fun to catch up with them. And it was great to help make a wonderful, real, home-cooked meal...one that's not prepared for 30-40 other girls.

a few good men . . .
No. I only wish :)

and the packing begins
Emily (roommate Em) left last night, and I'm all lonely in this big empty room. I helped her pack up last night. So now I'm in the packing mood and I've decided to try my hand to packing light. The goal is to pack everything that I have in my room here in CoMo as if I were leaving for London. Ha. Megan (and the other four) are letting me store some stuff at their house since I'll be subleasing there this summer, so I won't take that home with me. It's so nice of them. But two suitcases?!?! A whole semester in two suitcases?!?! I'll keep you updated about how I survive. ;)

an excerpt from the wise british phrasebook
It's always acceptable to open a conversation - even with a stranger - about the weather. The main thing is to complain that it's too hot or cold or wet or whatever. When confronted with an incontestably beautiful day, the correct phraseology is, "Lovely day, isn't it? Can't last though."

No comments: