12.14.2002

everso studious . . .
My first final was today at 10:30 . . . I started studying for last night at 2 in the morning. I hadn't really been out since Thanksgiving and Patrick Rollins was having a Christmas party, so I had to go. The plan was to be in bed by midnight and get up at 6:30 to start studying. I ran into Laine when I was out and so that got me thinking about London. I deffinitely got back to the house at 1 a.m. When I got home, I just couldn't stop thinking: London, my big final design project that is looming over my head, this test I was going to have to get up and study for in four hours. My mind wouldn't shut up. So I studied. The test was a cinch. One down, two to go.

presently at a stand still
I've been working on my design project at this computer for the past 4 hours and my creative juices have been drained. Last night at 2 in the morning, every layout idea that came into my head seemed brilliant and now it just looks like crap. Actually, I take that back. I have one layout that I really like right now. It's funny how I came up with an idea that I thought was so great, slaved away on it for two hours and just couldn't make it really work. Then something hits me and I complete a totally different layout which I love in less than 20 minutes.

ahhh . . . the reunions
I'm trying to get together with everyone I can this next week because I know that I won't see anyone for a whole semester. Here I've been a social recluse for a while and now all of a sudden I have nearly every meal marked in my planner and coffee dates just about every day. There are so many people that I haven't seen all semester and I don't want to leave the country without saying good-bye. So, who's up for a Shakey's run say, Wednesday night?

No comments: