5.03.2005

a post about London to come
in the meantime...

the answers
Before we get to the announcement of who will receive homemade cookies, here are the answers to the How Well Do You Know Erica? Quiz. (Answers are in bold, of course).

1. Who is the source of inspiration for the subhead ("off to see the world") on this blog?
A. Frank Sinatra
B. The Beatles
C. Guster
D. Bob Dylan
Although Pat informs me that Bob Dylan once did a cover of Moon River.

2. What is the name of Erica's home computer?
Jack the Mac

3. What car is Erica saving up for?
A. another Honda Accord
B. Toyota RAV-4
C. Honda Civic Hybrid
D. Ford Focus
Yes, Kate, we are saving up for the same car! I see no reason why I should buy anything other than a hybrid as my next set of wheels.

4. What was the name of the cat that terrorized Erica both awake and in her dreams?
A. Gus
B. Cassie
C. Sophie
D. Ally
Just take a look at the picture of that cat on her blog and tell me she wouldn't terrorize you as well.

5. Erica had 15 different roommates in college (including the summer she lived in CoMo). Name at least seven of them. (A point will be awarded for each correct roommate.)
Gracy O., Emily S., Sarah H., Ellen M., Sarah M., Mary Pat S., Megan C., Careth C., Meh-gen R., May-gun C. (now G.), Ashley B., Ashley S., Erin P., Abby P., Kristen W.
Three people included Natalie N. (now W.) and one person listed Christina W. Although those two were ladies of the Chat, I did not reside there concurrent with them. However, Natalie and I did share a room/bed during Denver Christmas Conference sophomore year. But that doesn't count.

6. Where did Erica receive the worst sunburn of her life?
A. The back porch of Alpha Chi
B. Barcelona, Spain
C. Winter Park, Colo.
D. Nice, France
"Nice sunburn. I'm punny," Tim adds.

7. Who turned Erica on to Harry Potter?
A. her mother
B. her sister
C. K. Jeffries
D. E. Tuttle

8. Which one of the following is Erica's favorite consumer mag?
A. Esquire
B. Real Simple
C. Entertainment Weekly
D. Budget Travel
Tim's answer of "E, PC Shopper" was very much incorrect.

9. Which of the following is Erica's favorite city/regional mag?
A. Texas Monthly
B. Chicago Magazine
C. Los Angeles Magazine
D. Boston Magazine
A couple of people named Texas Monthly, which is a very close second.

10. Where was Erica headed when she got separated from her friends on the European Rail System?
A. Venice
B. London
C. Paris
D. Rome
An experience which caused me to reevaluate the merits of the dratted cellphone once I returned to the States.

11. Match the music group with the year of Erica's college life that heavily featured said group.
A. Coldplay c. Junior What I listened to while trying to sleep on uncomfortable hostel beds in Italy and Dublin. Was torn between attending the Coldplay concert two blocks from my flat in London or attending the Paul McCartney concert the next day (end-of-semester funds limited me to one concert). I decided to see Paul, because I figured he'd die first.
B. U2 b. Sophomore Attended their St. Louis concert a month or so after 9/11 and burst into tears when they projected the names of everyone killed in the terrorist attacks - my first time to cry in reaction to 9/11
C. Guster d. Senior Introduced to their music by Sarah at her lake house the weekend of the 4th of July. I swear that "Come Downstairs and Say Hello" was written specifically for my senior year thoughts. Attended Guster concert with Sarah at Truman State the weekend of my birthday
D. REM a. Freshman I equate Automatic For the People with studying on my blue blanket on the Quad, feeling everso collegiate for the first time.

12. Where did Erica work her senior year of college? (choose more than one)
A. the Artisan
B. the MU Licensing office
C. the MU News Bureau
D. the MU Marketing office
This is a trick question, as I intended it. But I kinda tricked myself as well. Several people included the News Bureau, which I included as a trick answer because I never worked FOR the News Bureau, just IN their office. But then I realized that the question was WHERE did I work, and it's true that the location of where I reported to work for the Marketing office was in the News Bureau office. So I awarded a half point to those who put C as an answer. I also gave Kate a point for her answer: "A. the Artisan - is where you worked on your homework."

13. What was Erica's regular drink at the Artisan?
A. Latté w/ Bailey's
B. Mocha Chai
C. Mocha
D. Earl Gray Tea
I trained Luke to know what to make when I ordered "my usual, please." Sorry Dan, it wasn't an accented drink.

14. What was Erica's minor?
A. Graphic Design
B. Religious Studies
C. French
D. Just kidding - she didn't have one

15. What song is Erica's number-one guilty pleasure song?
A. "Bye Bye Bye" by *nSync
B. "Oops, I Did it Again" by Mama Britney Spears
C. "Yeah" by Usher
D. "Vogue" by Madonna
Peace Up. This song is GUARANTEED to put me in an awesome mood...as long as I don't think about the story behind the lyrics.

16. What is Erica's favorite color?
A. Yellow
B. Light blue
C. Light green
D. Purple

17. Which of the following has Erica not read since starting her "Currently reading" sidebar nugget-thing?
A. The Grapes of Wrath
B. The DaVinci Code
C. My Misspent Youth
D. The Cider House Rules

18. Which of the following was not a reason Erica gave as a sign that Phoenix life would be good?
A. The 20-minute drive to the airport
B. See's Candy Shops
C. The backyard pool
D. The lack of snow

19. Who is Erica's favorite sports columnist? (Fill in the blank)
Rick Reilly
"Like Fort Riley, near Erica's hometown," Dan says.

20. Which of the following was not a favorite instructor of Erica's? (class descriptions for the benefit of any non-MU quiz-takers)
A. J. Moe||er (Magazine Editing)
B. J. Co|bert (Magazine Design)
C. B. Co||ins (History of the 60s)
D. S. Fr¡esen (Old & New Testament)
Tim remarks that "the name scramble makes me wodner if the answer should be 'all of the above,'" but I just seek to cover my tracks.

and the cookies go to....
Pat! With 30.5 points! Although Dan answered 15 questions correct to Pat's 14 correct questions (for the record, Sarah also had correct answers to 14 questions). Pat's inflated score comes from his ability to name every one of my roommates except for Sarah H. Dan had 28.5 points, Sarah had 22.5, Kate had 13, Tim had 7.5, and Justin's tried and true scantron test practice of marking C for every answer got him 2.5 points.

Dan played the role of class brown-noser by submitting his own extra credit. While it did not earn him extra points, his questions merit inclusion. All answers are correct.

21. Where did Erica work as a counselor after freshman year?
Heartland Presbyterian Center in Parkville, Mo.

22. Dan, Jason and Sara were proud of Erica in Jan. 2002 for:
C. Turning her back during the K-State fight song
I turned my back because if I didn't I knew I would burst into song. Ed's note to Dan: wasn't it Jan. 2001 when you guys came to Manhappenin'? I assume you're referring to the MU/KSU basketball game at K-State.

23. Dan and Erica were total dorks together in what course senior year?
D. All of the above

24. Qu'est-ce que c'est le lieu idéal d'Erica?
Une petite ville française sans les gens qui parlent anglais. Et avec un bon livre et une tasse café, bien sûr.

25. Dan also could have answered Erica-related questions on:
A. Sam, Don Quixote, "Look at me, Dr. Geiss" and other FIG fun
B. Alpha Chi stuff
C. Having met all the immediate Brookses more than once
D. Anything from London not on the blog
E. Wrestling

No comments: