12.17.2003

highlights from boston
* The workout that is the Freedom Trail and the Bunker Hill memorial tower.
* Quality time with Fiscus, of course.
* The requisite clam chowder.
* The Boston Ballet's performance of the Nutcracker. sigh....dance....
* Being mistaken as a prospective student by all of Molly's friends. I'm a senior in college, people. Do I really look that young and naive?
* The window of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe, office quarters of Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers of NPR's Car Talk fame.
* The Cheers bar.
* Studying for my final. Well, maybe not so much a highlight...but at least now I can say I've studied at Harvard. Think I can put that on my resume?

another fun thing to do in boston
Get phone calls from friends asking you to come over and laughing when they don't believe your response, that you unfortunately are presently indisposed in another time zone. My favorite: betting Protz that there was more snow where I was than where she was.

small world incidents
Incident no. 1: The girl/lady I met with at Boston magazine Monday is from the Little Apple. Our parental units work together at K-State. It was upon her influence that I started writing for the Mercury's weekly Youth Page in eighth grade and thus began my foray into journalism.
Incident no. 2: One of cousin Molly's block mates (read: suitemate) is from Jeff City. Who knew that the Midwest could grow 'em smart?

my dorm food is better than your dorm food
CDS beats Harvard food any day. But Harvard celebrities (Molly's dorm room last year was previously Natalie Portman's residence and Al Gore III lives in her current dorm complex) beat Mizzou's "celebrity."

many thanks to kate
Who is putting a roof over my head next semester. Be glad you missed the stress I was inflicting on my local friends Thursday when I had 24 hours to find a new place to sublease.
*mumbles incoherent obscenities directed at Pear Tree

No comments: