5.07.2003

a visit to CoMo
My trip to Columbia was good. Most of my friends were loaded with tests to prepare for but it turned out to be a good situation. It meant that no one could spend too much time with me, thus letting me see more people. Many thanks to Cassie and Megan for letting me crash at their apartment. Ellen's birthday was fun and I'm glad I was able to spend it with her. After spending time in pubs surrounded by businessmen, it's odd to go to a college bar where everyone is my age.

in the bond
Monday night I went to chapter meeting at Alpha Chi to see Senior Wills (the chance for the graduating seniors to say their farewells). I barely said hello to Becky before we had to start the meeting, but she was able to get me bawling during her talk.

my favorite dawg
Speaking of people that I can be away from for so long and yet that connection is still there...
I had coffee with Tuttle Tuesday morning before leaving town. It was just as usual: me arriving at Osama's 15 minutes late to see Erin relaxing outside with a book, finding a table for two upstairs and falling into conversation so comfortable that it seems impossible that an ocean separated us for the past nine months. Erin was the first person I met at Mizzou and so many of my favorite MU memories involve her.
Here's a tribute of reminiscences, Erin:

~Pestering Madelyn with questions by the Warm Little Pond during Summer Welcome
~A U2 roadtrip
~Sitting in Phil's van, heading to DCC '01, you reading Harry Potter book 4, me learning the magic of Harry Potter book 1
~Planning sleepovers with Dane and Sterling
~Camping out for Harry Potter movie tickets
(superfans = us)
~Bible study with S@r@h M@gill when you knew how to steer the conversation to exactly what I was struggling with
~Sitting at a table with you, Kate and Eggers at Sarah's wedding, glasses of champagne in front of us, the Rev. D@ve C*ver and Charles, the Crusade director behind us (gasp!)
~Watching you wrestle with Chickens
~Walking back to FARC from RagTag, arm in arm with you, Clark and Kate after being scared out of our wits by Requiem for a Dream
~Two words: John Nash (he's everywhere!!!!!)
~Talks of parallels between HP and the Bible. (We should write a book: The Gospel According to Harry Potter)
~A rainy night playing in the sprinklers on the Quad and stealthily (ha!) taking a dip in the fountain by Brady
~Talks of crushes on your Mountain Men and 'Jesus'
~Watching you fill out forms to study in London and realizing that maybe I could leave Mizzou for a semester, too.

E-Dawg, much love to you and many more cups of coffee at Osama's this summer.

No comments: