5.21.2003

jack the mac is back
I'm now logged on here at 1321 Paris Road, Columbia, MO. And here's something new for me: We have two cats. I've never lived with animals before so this is interesting. One, Alley, is just that, an alley cat. But she's great, everso friendly and sweet. The other, Cassie is an indoor kitty. And neurotic. No joke. Ask Pat. She likes to attack you just as you think you've won her over. And for some reason, she likes my room. (Which means she leaves her long, white hair all over the place.) We'll see how this living with felines goes this summer.

the flat, como style
My room is the attic. It's nearly as big as the flat I had to share with five other girls last semester. Pretty sweet. I'm subleasing for Chri$tin@ W@t$*n, who is a dear for letting me take over her room for the summer. I'm trying to figure out the balance between respecting her things while (temporarily) giving the room a bit of my personality. I still have many boxes to unpack.

missing you
London. Trying to keep myself in check. I'm busy with settling in and trying to figure out how this house runs (do i buy my own milk or is it communal?), so that's keeping me from thinking about the fact that a month ago I was having the time of my life in another country. I'm caught in this dichotomy between falling right back into my Manhattan/Columbia groove which makes London a far distant memory, and thinking about it constantly...to the point where I have to restrain myself from making London the dominant topic in any conversation of which I am a part. At least I have Meg@n Retk@ here. She was in Singapore this semester and we've already shared our re-adjustment griefs.

No comments: