4.18.2003

things i'll miss in london
...jogging past my London dream house (think the house in Disney's Aristocat's) on my way to a workout in Kensington Gardens.

na na na nanana
Hey Jude! I sang with Paul McCartney tonight...and about 10,000 other people. The concert was amazing. McCann and I walked a whole two blocks to the place where he was performing. Crazy! I walk that far from the parked car, after driving two hours if I see a concert while living in Manhattan or Columbia. Here's a little something that I learned tonight. One of my favourite Beatles songs, recently added to a long list in the past six months or so is 'Blackbird.' They wrote it in the '60s during the Civil Rights movement. Do you remember how I said a few months ago how British chaps sometimes refer to women as 'birds?' (like our 'chick') Well, that's what the song is about, a black bird....
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
hmmm...thanks, Paul for a wonderful evening.

ole!
I leave tomorrow for Barcelona and the beach! (My sunburn is mostly better, for all you concerned citizens out there.)

No comments: