4.17.2003

things i'll miss in london
-The man who plays guitar and covers Beatles songs whom I pass on the way to class every Monday and Tuesday.

oh bugger off
When my co-workers asked me how old I was on Tuesday and I told them 21, their collective response was, 'Bloody hell! You're so young!' Nobody in Englad does 'work experience' (internships) until after they graduate university. Many people are still doing work experience at age 23-25.

why this was the best birthday ever
-Mamu woke me up with a musical phone call!
-The weather was an amazing 70 degrees.
-My editor and deputy editor took me out for lunch and bought me flowers.
-Our final internship meetings with our supervisor were cancelled, meaning more time to cellebrate...or work on papers.
-The guitar man on the way to my final British Life and Culture class was playing 'Nowhere Man,' the first song I ever heard him play...and thus the last...fitting.
-My flatmates bought me flowers and a Harry Potter cake.
-I got cards and candy!
-Both Sarah and Pat phoned me.
-I celebrated in London!

slm in the wsj
Today is a big day for flatmate Sarah Lynn McCann. SHE IS PUBLISHED IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL EUORPE. impressive!

observations
the letter h is pronounced: 'haych'

No comments: