5.28.2007



RTW in 91 Days
Last Wednesday I bit the bullet and purchased my round-the-world flights. Beginning in Phoenix and ending in San Francisco 3 months later, I'll hit the following cities, among others:

London
Edinburgh
London (again)
Paris
Brussels
Amsterdam
Munich
Salzburg
Vienna
Prague
Krakow
Bratislava
Budapest
Prague (again)
Hanoi
Ho Chi Minh City
Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
Sydney

To see what all this looks like, I spent way too much time putting the above map together. There are a few more details if you follow this link (as long as it works the way I think it will), including links to the Intrepid Travel tours I'll be taking. Let me know if that link doesn't work.

I had planned to write a bit more about how excited I am about this trip, and what I'm looking forward to for each of the destinations, but that dratted map took up so much time my prime sunbathing hours are wasting away. But first, before I relax on a raft in the pool, I have an announcement...

I am Seriously Seeking a Cycling Tour Sidekick
The Tour de France arrives in Paris on Sunday, July 29 and I plan to be there. However, it would be infinitely more fun to experience such an exciting event with a companion. In all seriousness, I am asking if anyone wants to join me for a weekend in Paris. I'll be reserving my hostel by next weekend, so you have a little bit of time to think about it. I'll get in to Paris probably on July 27, and I'll leave July 30.

No comments: