2.25.2006

Get out your No. 2 pencils!
A Leaky Cauldron, of Sorts brings you another poll. Another three polls, actually! The Oscars are just a week away, and yet again the Academy has forgotten to mail my ballot. I'm guessing they forgot yours, too. No worries! We'll let the movie-going community know what we think with the polls below. AND! Until Wednesday, I'll be accepting write-ins that I'll add to the poll, just in case your favorite movie of 2005 got overlooked by the snobby film community.

Because my taste supercedes all others, the film that SHOULD win Best Picture is:
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Munich
Current results


If the Academy listened to me, they'd give ______ the Oscar for Best Actress
Judi Dench in "Mrs. Henderson Presents"
Felicity Huffman in "Transamerica"
Keira Knightley in "Pride & Prejudice"
Charlize Theron in "North Country"
Reese Witherspoon in "Walk the Line"
Current results


If all is right with the world, the Oscar for Best Actor will go to:
Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Capote"
Terrence Howard in "Hustle & Flow"
Heath Ledger in "Brokeback Mountain"
Joaquin Phoenix in "Walk the Line"
David Strathairn in "Good Night, and Good Luck."
Current results


Did you catch that, Dubya?
What you would have heard, had you been listening in on my phone calls last week.

"You know what I've learned? Poop is proportional."
-Me to my mom while house-sitting for my friend Jill, whose BIG black lab leaves larger calling cards that wee little Bandit.

"It's not like you're socially impotent or anything."
-Sarah, to me

"If you're not going to connect me to someone who can solve my problem, you can at least get me a cup of coffee. Or maybe a margarita."
-Me, after wasting an hour on the phone with HP tech support, being transfered from one department to the next. No worries! Now I have the direct number to the Executive Complaint Line. (I can hook you up if you need it, but it might cost you a cup of coffee. Or maybe a margarita.)

No comments: