3.02.2003

when in Rome...
We got here safe yesterday afternoon and found that our hostel has free internet access! So, I thought I'd write a quick post to let you guys know I'm here.

it's a small world after all...
This morning we were sitting at breakfast and this guy came up and patted me on the shoulder. Here's what happened:
guy: So, you're from Mizzou.
only people who go to MU call it Mizzou, so we knew he was a student...but how did her know?
me: yeah. ?
guy: I went there for a year last year. I was a freshman. I recognized your Farmhouse t-shirt.
ahhhh....that explains it
me: really? That's cool. What are you doing here?
guy: I took a year off this year and worked at a pub in Dublin, now I'm travelling around Europe on the EuroRail for three months.
me: Wow. Fun!
guy: Actually, I think you were in one of my classes. I recognize you.
me: really?!
guy: A religion class or something?
me: probably....which one?
guy: Hebrew or Old Testament or something.
me: Yeah! Old Testament!
crazy!

today
well, off to see the Vatican!
Ciao!

No comments: