1.06.2003

ready to flap my wings . . .
My flight information came in today! I'm going to London, baby!

sir erica?
Michael Caine is on Letterman right now, talking about how he was knighted this past year. He was saying, "I got to meet the Queen. She does it with a sword." That got a huge laugh from the audience. George Foreman is on tonight, too, and Sir Michael was telling about how his daughter bought him a George Foreman Grill for Christmas. It's a funny little story about how he tried to bake English "bangers" (sausages) on it the other night and couldn't keep the "bangers" from sliding out of the grill. My mom got my dad a George Foreman Grill for Christmas (we cooked pork chops on it tonight), I just watched "The Cider House Rules" (for which Caine was the Academy Award winner for Best Supporting Actor) last night, and I'm heading out to London this week, so I feel quite close to Sir Michael right now.

quite the know-it-all
In Britain, the word, "quite" means the opposite of what it means in the States. So if you say, "That was quite funny" you are saying that it wasn't funny at all.

No comments: